Saturday, January 12, 2008

Cinnamon Raisin Bread


bread number two today was cinnamon raisin bread from BBA. reinhart also adds walnuts to his, but i left them out. i also decided against the optional cinnamon swirl and the optional cinnamon topping as i wanted to keep it in the "bread" family rather than the "dessert" family. i had to go out to buy some medium-sized loaf pans for this recipe as i only had large ones. i thought they turned out very nice, and will toast very well for breakfast. since the recipe makes two loaves, one of them may be destined for a bread pudding. i reckon i'm okay with that.

3 comments:

mira said...

now this is a prettier picture of bread than the other one. cinnamon raisin! you can make french toast tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

“poor yorick,” huh... interesting choice, “burkie.” look forward to some good stories!

biscuitpusher said...

see, and if I had made this bread I would have been all about the swirl and the topping... but I guess I'm a bit more into desserts...